Saturday, September 25, 2010

My very first Louis Vuitton - Damier Trevi

Soooo...you know how I've had my eye on the LV Trevi for a while right, well, I got it today!



(source)


While I've been drooling over the trevi for a while, I certainly did not wake up this morning with the intention that I would take the leap and get it. It was the furthest thing from my mind honestly. but as the day wore on, the Trevi popped into my mind and I kinda got a bit ticked off that I never really spend money on myself. I think I got so ticked off that I decided in anger to make a big purchase and that was that. I got in my car and headed to the mall fully expecting that before I got there, I would come to my senses and scoff at the thought of plunking down that much cash for the Trevi. I drove into the mall, parked my car, got out, walked into Nordstrom and stopped at the handbag section, hoping I would find something less expensive there that I liked as much as the Trevi. At this point, I was trying to back out without actually chickening out but it didn't work out. Nothing caught my fancy and I was determined not to go home without a new handbag. A bit deflated that nothing at Nordstrom deterred me from moving on to the Louis Vuitton store, I carried on and entered the store, still fully expecting to chicken out at any point. When I got to the store, I noticed that I was sweating. I'm not sure if it was from the summer heat (which refuses to go away despite the fact that it's September and it's supposed to be the fall season, but that's another story) or the fact that I was beyond nervous. As I stood with little beads of sweat trickling down my face, I stared at the Trevi which had held my fancy for so long. A sales associate finally came up to me and I asked to see the Trevi. As I held it in my hands, I realized that I loved it now as much as the first day I saw it. It was now or never. I also noticed that the price had gone up. Again!. Gah!! After a few seconds, the SA asked if I liked the Trevi; if only she knew; I indicated that I wanted to purchase it and she began to ring me up. Once I had given her my credit card, drivers license, and I'd signed the receipt, she handed me Trevi in a Louis Vuitton stamped gift bag. I walked to my car, got in and pulled out my new baby to take a closer look. Here are a few pictures.

Misi_011Web

Misi_014Web

Misi_016Web

Misi_017Web


I'm not sure yet if I'm happy I got it, or if I'm shell shocked that I spent that much money on an accessory, a want not a need, a mere superficial item. I guess only time will tell.

At least I get to cross off another item off my thirty-two before 32 list. Yay!

No comments: