Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I did it!

Remember when I discovered Ana White's blog? Well, I've been drooling over her plans ever since, with a strong desire to build every single piece of furniture, but knowing I didn't have the skills to do so. For pete's sake all power tools scare me, even O's shaver scares me because it's electric!! So how on earth could I wield a miter saw or a pneumatic nailer??? Groan...

I decided to start really small, and I picked an easy coffee table/ bench as my first project. I built it all by myself, sanded and painted it and I couldn't be more proud! Both of the bench and of myself. It's fraught with flaws but hey, I built it with my bare hands. I modified Ana's plans a bit but I couldn't possibly have even imagined doing anything like this if I hadn't come across her blog.

Isn't it a beaut...!





Oh, and because I deserve it :)

Knock-Off Wood

No comments: