Monday, May 31, 2010

Baby Shower goodies

Yesterday, I hosted a baby shower in my home for a good friend of mine. I thought I'd post some pictures of food I made for the event.

So I did try the tissue paper carnations a few days ago. While I chose colors in which carnations most likely do not naturally occur, they matched the colors of the baby shower for which I created them. Here's a pic.





Definitely not perfect, but I liked them anyways. Great tutorial here.

I also made these fruit skewers which not only looked awesome, but tasted the same as well. They were all gone by the end of the shower. I loved the way they looked. Gorgeous!





I've had lots of forgettable fruit punches before but the fruit punch I made yesterday was certainly unforgettable. It was the biggest hit of the baby shower. Folks kept asking for the recipe and for more punch when it was finished. Good till the last drop. I gave it 5 stars!




(recipe)


Here are some more pics of the food I made for the baby shower. Egg rolls, Scotch eggs, and meatballs.













All pictures were taken by me.

No comments: