Saturday, February 7, 2009

Intentionally untitled...

Sometimes I wonder...why?
Why do we act? Why fake it? What's so wrong with being...real?
What's wrong with being...truthful?
Why does no one speak the truth? but instead hide behind a facade of utopia
Where all is perfect and blissful and glorious
But that's the facade. Reality is much less desirable.
Why does she say - to all - that she's blissfully married
when - inwardly - she's constantly crying about her husband's addiction to <...>
I couldn't help but stare in disbelief at her as she attempted to propagate the lie...coupled with a huge smile... a farce. Why?
Why does she giggle and profess her marriage is grrreat when the truth is...her husband is an ass...if I do say so myself. An insensitive ass who ignores her half the time?
Why does she praise her husband all over town...when he, not too long ago, flew his girlfriend in from London and shagged her for a week or so.
Why?
Why the lies?
Why can't we all just tell the truth. James 5:16 - "Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed" If we do not communicate the truth, how will we know to pray for one another? Why are we afraid ...or too embarrassed to be honest about our lives?? After all, the bible states in 1 Cor 10:13 - "You have been put to no test but such as is common to man: and God is true, who will not let any test come on you which you are not able to undergo; but he will make with the test a way out of it, so that you may be able to go through it."
In essence, there is nothing you are going through that someone else hasn't gone through before. Whatever you are facing, someone else has been there! So why lie? How can we help each other out if we hide our testimonies??!

When I went through a very bad breakup I kept asking 'why me'? When my friend went through a pretty bad breakup very recently, I was able to relate and (hopefully) help her out because her situation was eerily similar to mine. Is the fact that I was able to help her out the answer to my "Why me" question? Did I go through all that heartache just so 4 years later I'd be able to help my friend out?Honestly, I don't know. Would I have been able to help her out if I hadn't been through something similar? No, no I wouldn't. Not to the degree to which I helped out anyways. It's best to communicate our issues. You never know whose life you can make better just because you've 'been there'. At least they'll know they're not alone and maybe, just maybe, there's a light at the end of that tunnel.

No comments: