Monday, February 9, 2009

Tearing my hair out...

...and it hasn't even started yet.

I was in the seventh grade when I had my first encounter with cramps. Well, not personally, but a classmate of mine was lying down across two desks, writhing in pain from menstrual cramps. She was in so much pain and no one could help her. When school was over that day, she had to be helped just to walk out of the school premises. Ever since that incident I've always felt MAJORLY blessed not to know the horror that is cramping. I've never felt cramps, in fact, if I'm not watching the calendar and being cognizant of the day of the month, my period has a tendency to ummm surprise me. Which is why I always have extra pads (yes, I'm one of the few who finds tampons pretty icky) in my bag and in my car. But I digress, as I said, I've never felt menstrual cramps before. That is, until a few months ago :(. On day one of my period i began to feel this dull pain that I practically ignored until it stopped me dead in my tracks and I almost couldn't breathe. I was rather surprised initially but it didn't take long for me to realize what it was. The dull pain would intensify, and then subside, intensify, subside. I knew i was officially cramping. Honestly, I thought it was kinda cool. It was nice to feel the same pain numerous females had complained about, missed school for, and called off work for. The nice feeling lasted all of 5 seconds...and then reality hit. Not. Fun. Not . Fun. At. All. But at least it only happened with every second period or so and then only the first and maybe the second day.

Fast forward to today. I'm cramping so bad right now, and my period hasn't even started !?! WTF!?! Is that even normal. Off to find my Aleve.

No comments: