Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chirp. Chirp! Chirp!!

Well, well, we were snowed in today (pics later). My area got about 10-12 inches of snow and while it's lovely to look at, O had a heck of a time shoveling the driveway and clearing a path to the front door. Hey it's not like I didn't offer (albeit halfheartedly, heh) to help. At least I had a steaming, hearty breakfast waiting for him when he was done, 2 hours later lol. That was my contribution to his slaving away in the freezing cold. Brrrr!

Anywhoo, guess what I got myself on this oh so snowy day? Hint? It doesn't chirp, it cuts! Check out this beauty...



Yes, it's the Cricut 'Create' machine. It's a scrapbookers dream and until yesterday, I didn't realize such an invention existed! It pure genius - you buy a cartridge ( the machine I bought comes with one cartridge included), plug it into the machine, pick a shape - or letter, or whatever is on the cartridge - (and then get this), you pick a size!! You pick whatever size you want ( the Create cuts from 1/4 inch to about 12 inches I believe), and then cut! I mean, there's a little more to it than that but you get the gist. It's silly how I get so excited about these things. I can't wait for my machine to arrive!! Cricut also has software that allows you to design your shapes/phrases before you cut. The possibilities are endless! I didn't buy the software but you never know... I'd like to get to know my machine a lot better first :)!

No comments: