Thursday, February 25, 2010

The hunt for covers

We have a futon in our family room that sits rather bare. I bought it off a friend when she was moving out of the country a few years ago. It sat up in the loft of my old condo and when we moved to our current home, it was relegated to the basement.We intended to get brand new furniture for the family room but as time went on, we just didn't find anything we liked enough to purchase. Last thanksgiving, when we had family over, we couldn't leave the family room bare as we needed all the furniture we could get for all the guests coming over, so we moved the futon up from the basement to the family room, in addition to an old recliner O has had for years and which he also got used. The setup worked out so well that we decided to leave both pieces of furniture upstairs and get new furniture for the basement instead. The basement is currently empty which is okay as we barely use it anyway. it's too cold in the winter to watch movies down there so we're okay for now.

When I got the futon, it had a white/cream futon cover and I liked it that way so I never changed it. Lately though, I've been a little dissatisfied with the cream futon cover so I've been looking online for something...fun with which to replace it.

futonCoverWally2 (source)

This cover is okay but I think it's too plain. I'm not sure about the red color either.

futonCoverWestElm (source)

I kinda like the pattern on this cover from West Elm but O really dislikes it (boo) so it's not an option.

Here are the other materials the West Elm futon cover comes in. West Elm is one of my favorite stores so I was thrilled when they opened up a store in my area (well, about 30 minutes away). They have a very modern/contemporary flare and their prices are mostly affordable. Their 20% off sales don't hurt either :).

futonCoverWestElm2 (source)

Below is one of my favorite futon covers. The orange color is very catchy and those pillows are a MUST. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the pillows on the site. Hopefully, Marshalls will come to the rescue with similar pillows.

My favorite futon cover
(source)

Here's my second favorite futon cover. While you really can't tell from a photo, the material looks like it's got some nice texture to it. Unfortunately, it's not available in the Queen size I need. FAIL

futonCoverWally
(source)

No comments: