Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I wanna sex you up

~Color me badd

Assumptions. Preconceived notions. They are all so annoying.

Why do folks use the term 'love life' in reference to having sex? (As in 'We have an active love life'.) Is that all there is to love? Sex? So as a single christian who believes premarital sex is a sin, am I incapable of love because I do not have sex with my boyfriend? After all, my answer to the 'How is your love life' question would be 'It's Non existent'. The use of the term 'love life' in reference to having sex is indicative of society's skewed values and increasing distance from God's mandates. Also, why do folks automatically assume a couple is having sex just because the couple live together? We're not all rabid animals lacking self control once we get within 2 feet of each other. Why can't I live with my boyfriend in peace (if I so choose) without being subjected to judgmental stares and snide comments? Why?

No comments: