Monday, September 13, 2010

Graphic design

I design invitations. I print them as well. And I really enjoy it, like seriously love the design phase, and watching an idea mature from conception till it becomes reality in the form of crisp type on lovely paper. But I'm not sure I have what it takes to do this professionally. I'm still under the impression that one has to be a graphic designer to excel at invitation design. Yet, I can't draw to save my life. Dilemma dilemma.

Today, I walked into a print shop. my goal was to maybe volunteer to help out or see if they offered workshops on the printing process, or ...I don't know. Well, the printer was a really nice old man and no, he didn't offer workshops, but maybe the town community center did, actually, he was pretty sure they did. I then asked what one would need in order to qualify to work in his shop, and he said, you guessed it, Graphic Design. On the drive back home, I googled "Must I be a graphic designer to design invites" and this article came up on allgraphicdesign.com, written by Elle Phillips. It did give me some hope cuz I was kinda bummed out after talking to the printer...

No comments: