Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gourmet Mushroom risotto and Baked Salmon

For the longest time I've been dreaming of making risotto. I'm not sure why I've held back from cooking it as I love eating it in restaurants. Maybe I always thought it would be pretty difficult to make, I'm not sure.

Well, today, I finally picked a recipe I found online and actually cooked up some yummy risotto. My go-to website for all things recipes is allrecipes.com. it's a fantastic site with user reviews and 'top twenty' recipes in different categories so you have the option of selecting only recipes that multiple people have tried and rated highly.

I made the Gourmet Mushroom risotto and it was pretty tasty. The recipe has a five-star rating after 656 reviews, that's pretty awesome for a recipe especially on a site like allrecipes.com with seasoned cooks who sometimes give harsh reviews. Now I must say that I didn't follow the recipe completely. The final step calls for adding Parmesan cheese and butter but I decided not to add these in an attempt at reducing both the calorie and fat content. As yummy as the risotto turned out, it must be majorly yummier with Parmesan cheese added. But...oh well.

I also made Salmon marinated in soy sauce and seasoned with lemon pepper to go with the risotto.

Nice lunch.

No comments: