Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thirty-two by 32

I've been thinking about challenging myself to accomplish certain things for a while. With all the goings on in my personal life it's been too easy to spend day after day watching paint dry and the seconds tick away without being motivated to do much of anything. I've finally decided to push myself to get back in the swing of things and I came up with the following list. Most lists that I've seen on other blogs are 'thirty by 30' lists but given that I passed the 30 milestone a few months ago, I figured I'd give myself a realistic time-frame and thus came up with a 'Thirty-two by 32' list. Here's hoping I actually accomplish most of these tasks by my deadline.


1. Finish and order wedding album
2. See a basketball game
3. Visit an aquarium
4. Take an international vacation
5. See a 3D movie
6. Eat like a vegetarian once a week for a month
7. Take a swim class
8. Start my PhD
9. Go to an art museum
10. Bake a cake from scratch
11. Invest in the stock market
12. Become a US citizen
13. Backup my computer
14. Go to a comedy show
15. Sell something (anything) on Craigslist
16. Go wine tasting
17. Discover wine I actually like (?) #16 might help
18. See a football game
19. Go back to Disney World
20. Get a new Handbag
21. Have baby
22. Cook something new once a week for a month
23. Go to the opera
24. Decide on a brand for my stationery business
25. Attend a letterpress workshop
26. Give up fast food for a month
27. Donate to a new charity
28. Commit to a new church
29. Umm…’address’ my closet
30. Go on another short-term missions trip
31. Get the complete collection of LOST
32. Buy 18K gold jewelry

No comments: